Warm Up – Jump Rope 3 Minutes
Plyometric Training is defined as ”exercise involving repeated rapid stretching and contracting of muscles to increase muscle power”. Isometric Training, which is done by holding a muscle or muscle group in a constant state of contraction, is used to recruit more muscle fibers to develop the muscles more fully, and to work on muscle toning/fat burning. Both of which are very excellent training tools for muscle confusion and to keep your body guessing.
Circuit for 10 Minutes with no rest:
1. Isometric Explosive Push Up – Lower body hold for FULL 3 seconds, then explode up – 10 Reps
2. Iso Reverse Lunge with 2 arm Overhead Shoulder Press – 10 total or 5 each leg (Perform backwards lunge, hold for 3 seconds, press both arms up, lower them, then back to starting position)
3. Iso Inverted Row with Elevated Feet – Pull your chest up to bar, hold for 3 seconds, back down – 10 reps
4. Iso Goblet Squats – Down for 3 seconds, back up – 10 reps
Perform 1 Round of the Following:
Circuit 3 Times:
1. Explosive Push Ups with Bench – 5 Total Explosive Push Ups (Watch Video – Perform 3 push ups, and on the third, explode up – Keep going until 5 Explosive Push Ups are performed)
2. Bicep Curls (Iso) – 15
Jump Rope – 3 Minutes
- MidwestFit Team
Note: Be sure to be properly warmed up before performing this PT. This is a style of training that the majority of individuals are not used to. Also if you have any previous joint injuries/lower back injuries you need to be especially careful performing any of the jumps, inverted rows, and explosive push ups. Safety is always the number one priority in any and all exercise programs.