We busted these out a little over a month and a half ago, time to bring them back! Good luck today.
Potential PT #1 – 21-15-9
This is actually done as a circuit, so be sure to read the whole post first so you correctly understand how to perform this PT. Go Get Em!
Warm Up – Jump Squats 15, Push Ups 20, Pull Ups 6, Flutter Kicks 30 seconds
21-15-9 reps of: Weights used are suggested, tailor weight up or down as you need.
1. 135 pound bench press OR body weight bench press
2. 95 pound Thrusters (Use a barbell is possible)
3. 135 pound Deadlift
4. Full extension Regular Pull Ups
Do these in order listed. So first round should be 21 reps bench press, then 21 reps thrusters, then 21 reps deadlift, then 21 reps pull ups. Then restart at bench press 15 reps and so on.
Complete these reps in as few sets as possible (should be a tough workout, but that’s the point)
Form is critical on all of these lifts especially in the thrusters and deadlifts. If you are unfamiliar with these lifts or haven’t done them in a while start at a very low weight and do a few reps so you can get your form back, then progress up to desired lifting weight.
1. Flutter Kicks – 1 Minute and 30 seconds (Abs/Lower Back/ Hip Flexors-Extensors)
2. Leg Lifts – 1 Minute (Abs/Lower Back/ Hip Flexors-Extensors)
3. Flutter Kicks – 1 Minute and 30 seconds (Abs/Lower Back/ Hip Flexors-Extensors)
4. Leg Lifts with Splits – 1 Minute (Abs/Hip Flexors-Extensors/Hip Adductors-Abductors/Inner Thighs/Lower Back)
5. Lean back and hold – 30 Seconds x 3 times (Abs/Lower Back – Fat Burning)
6. Plank – 2 Minutes (Lower Back/Abs – Fat Burning)
Potential PT #2 – Complex Training
Warm Up – 8-Count Body Builders (15), Jump Squats (10), Regular Pull Ups (10)
Complex Training is meant to use preferably a barbell (can use dumbbells if no access to a barbell) where you use the same amount of weight for each exercise. You perform it similar to circuit training where you go through each exercise one time (with the determined amount of reps) with no rests between exercises. Rest 1-2 minuets between sets. Use very low weight if you need to warm up and practice form first.
Complete all 3 complexes.
Complex 1: 6 Reps per Exercise – Perform 4 Sets – Increase weight used each round if possible
If new to this style of training, for the first set use a 45 pound bar with no extra weight on the side, then try to increase 10-20 pounds total each round if capable. These exercises are to be completed back to back with no rest during the round.
COMPLEX: 6 Reps – 4 Sets
1. Upright Row
2. Hang Snatch (Form is very important. Keep the bar close to your body as your bring it up, and stick your head through the lift)
3. Full Back Squat into Overhead Press
4. Hang Snatch
5. Bent Over Rows
Complex 2: 6 Reps per Exercise – Perform 4 Sets – Increase weight used each round if possible
1. Front Barbell Squats
2. Straight Leg Deadlift
3. Back Squat
4. Calf Raises
5. Front Barbell Squats
Complex 3: 6 Reps per Exercise – Perform 4 Sets – Increase weight used each round if possible
2. Bent Over Rows
3. Hang Power Clean
4. Front Barbell Squats
5. Push Press
6. Back Squat
– Have Fun!