5/11/12 – Friday – Total Body Fitness
Potential PT # 1 – Endurance:
5 Rounds of:
1. Dumbell Push Up Rows – 10 Pushups 5 Rows (each arm) Pushup with Row (Perform a Pushup, then row with right arm and reset, perform a pushup row with left arm and reset).
2. Sumo Squat with Dumbbell – 10 reps Sumo Squat (Notice the position of the feet, and I usually just hold the dumbbell close to my chest if that’s more comfortable).
3. Mountain Climbers (2 Counts) – 25 Mountain Climbers
4. Pullups (Any Grip) – 7
5. 8 Count Body Builders – 8 Total 8 Count Body Builders
Finish with Plank for a total of 3 minutes (Try to use a few sets as needed)
Followed by 250 (4-Count) Flutter Kicks
Potential PT #2 – Strength:
Complex Training is meant to use preferably a barbell (can use dumbbells if no access to a barbell) where you use the same amount of weight for each exercise. You perform it similar to circuit training where you go through each exercise one time (with the determined amount of reps) with no rests between exercises. Rest 2 minuets between sets. Use very low weight if you need to warm up and practice form first.
6 Reps per Exercise – Perform 5 Sets – Increase weight used each round if possible
If new to this style of training, for the first set use a 45 pound bar with no extra weight on the side, then try to increase 10-20 pounds total each round if capable. These exercises are to be completed back to back with no rest during the round.
1. Flutter Kicks – 1 Minute x 3 Times
2. MB Twists – 30 seconds (can also use a dumbbell) x 4 Times (Rest 30 seconds between sets)
3. Crunches with legs in air – 1 Minute (Hold weight behind head to increase difficulty)
4. Bicycle Crunches - 1 Minute
5. Full Sit Ups – 1 Minute (Hold weight behind head to increase difficulty)
- MidwestFit Team