8/25/10 – Wednesday – Special K
Potential PT #1: Special K
Do these exercises in a row, then repeat the cycle 6 to 8 times. Try and have very little rest between these. So when you have gone through all 6 exercises try and start right back again with push ups, until you complete the proper amount of sets. Once all cycles are completed finish up with abs.
12 Power Pushups (This means push yourself up off the ground when you come up. If it helps, try and clap when you go up)
10 Inverted Rows (Video)
7 Pull Ups
7 Reverse Pull Ups/Chin Ups
10 Prison Squats
Bicycles 40 x 2 (Count: 1,1,2,2,3,3, etc.)
Vertical Leg Crunches 30 x 2
Long Arm Crunches 20 x 2 (Lie on floor/mat like a normal crunch but put hands straight back above your head, one hand on top the other. Then perform a crunch while keep your arms straight and above your head)
Reverse Crunch 30 x 2
Plank 1 min. 30 sec.
Estimated Completion Time: 40:00
Potential PT #2
This PT is geared toward more muscular strength and muscular endurance gains today. The workout posted by K is a great fat burning workout that will also give you some muscular strength/endurance gains. Just remember if you’re doing his do it as fast as possible! Keep that heart rate up!
1. Standing Barbell Military Press – 95 pounds – 3×10
2. Barbell Bench Press – Body weight (or lower, remember tailor weightages as you see fit) – 3 Sets of Maximum number of repetitions
3. 20 pound weighted pullups: ( Weighted pull ups can be done with a weighted vest or simply by holding a barbell between your feet)
- Regular Grip 8
- Wide Grip 8
- Underhand/Chin Up 8
- Close Grip 8
4. Isometric Regular Grip Pullups NO EXTRA WEIGHT – 8
- These are completed by pulling yourself up to the regular pullup position with the chin over the bar then as slowly as possible lowering yourself back down to the ground (elbows completely locked out) to really help your lats and other muscles develop and burn. After doing one take a 30 second break then do the next one.
Abs: Sit ups 40×2 Flutter Kicks 30×2 Roll ups 10×2 Bicycles 40×2 Plank/Bridge 30 seconds x 2
- Ben (I promise not all of my workouts are nearly this complicated! Just needed to switch it up a little today)